Friday, June 26, 2015

The Skirt That $2.60 Bought




Before I made my midi skirt, I trialed the Lyndy Petal Skirt on a remnant off the sale table at Fabric Vision.  I had around 40cm of ponti and envisioned a black panel running around the bottom of the skirt.  I knew that lurking in my own remnant stash, I was bound to find a piece of suitable trim.  The skirt as drafted was just about the perfect length for a knee skimming little black/grey skirt.



The resulting black mini has been in regular rotation during the recent cold snap, worn with tights and boots as shown.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent bargain nice winter skirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little skirt Andrea. I have made the Mabel which is a similar style and shape. Will blog about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very tempted by the Mabel I must admit.

      Delete
  3. Great deal for a versatile wardrobe staple! Well done.

    ReplyDelete