It's A Keeper
I made a new dress. The first version of New Look 6145, I was not 100% happy with and in hindsight I think fabric choice may have had a lot to do with it. Last time I made the dress out of stretch cotton sateen and I felt it was just to big and the neckline too wide. This time I chose wool silk from The Fabric Store. For this version, I narrowed the neckline by 1.5cm on each side.
I did manage to make a rather large mistake. The dress was coming together nicely when I realised that the grey squares were not symmetrical and my pattern matching at the side seams was off by one square. Oh No! I did not have enough fabric left to cut a new front and love the fabric so wasn't willing to scrap the project. Fortunately in this instance anyway, I am a vertically challenged person and there was enough length to just recut the front one square shorter. I actually really like the shorter length at this time of the year with tights and boots.