If you have been following me on instragram, you will have seen the issues that resulted in my latest project. I was in Fabric Vision a few weeks back and came across this lovely textured boiled wool. On the stand in the shop they had made it up in a drapey type jacket with a shawl type collar. On the model it looked good. After careful inspection I figured I could draft the collar and adapt the jacket from McCall's 6992. This was a good idea in theory. In reality, this fabric was far too heavy to work in such a drapey style.
After constructing the jacket I took a swift u turn and decided to turn this jacket into a bomber jacket. I knew this would work but the issue was, I didn't need one. I already have a wool bomber that doesn't get worn nearly as often as I would like so another would be somewhat of a white elephant. Knowing that Courteney was having a birthday soon and without much idea what to give her, an idea began to form. She has gone flatting so money for new clothes is in short supply as is money to heat her flat adequately so warm clothing would be gratefully received.
I found some leftover merino knit in my scrap bin and this became the collar and cuff bands. A piece of merino jersey became the pocket bags. I constructed the pockets in the same way I constructed my Tessuti Sydney Jacket pocket.
I am really pleased with how this jacket turned out. I think Courteney is pleased with it as well.