Burdastyle Painterly Knit Top





I am a great one for buying Burdastyle magazines and putting Post It notes all through it with styles I want to make and then my plans just never come to fruition.  Before my trip to Australia, I decided to draft up Burdastyle 05/2016 115 and try it out in some a small piece of lovely drapey knit viscose that I really wasn't sure what to do with.  This stuff is quite slippery and very drapey so I was relatively confident that the two were made for each other.  I drafted up a size 38 which is my usual Burdastyle size and graded out to 40 in the hips.  A few reviews of this top expressed concern about the sleeves not sitting nicely and requiring some extra stitching on the shoulders for it to sit correctly.  I was fully prepared to do this and actually stitched the shoulders down about 10cm below the neck band.   The armhole openings, neckband and hem were all finished with a twin needle. 


I really love this top.  It provides good sun coverage but is lovely and airy to wear.   It will get lots of wear over the summer.  Will I make it again?  Probably, when I find just the right piece of fabric!

Comments

  1. This top pattern is bookmarked in my copy of Burda magazine too. Your top is really pretty. Love the fabric print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely top. Looks great with your shorts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts