McCall's 6886 Take Two

While I was in Sydney I visited Tessuti.  I very nearly didn't until I realised that the shop I had been looking at on Google Maps that would have been logistically difficult to get to, had a twin.  That twin was less than a block from my hotel. I couldn't get my butt down there quick enough!  Choosing fabric was the most difficult thing.  I usually ponder and ponder some more and often revisit said shop.  This wasn't going to happen for me though!  Firstly I had my husband in tow and secondly we were leaving the following morning.  After probably boring my husband silly wandering around and stroking every bolt in the store (fellow sewists will know exactly what I mean) I finally settled on three pieces of fabric and this is one of them.  It is a ponti in black and white stripe which is one of my favourite fabrics in my favourite stripes of all time!  I even knew what I would be making when I got home.



McCall's 6886 was my plan for my Tessuti fabric. The weight of ponti is perfect for this dress.  Because my pattern had been fortuitously permanently altered, this dress was cut and made within one evening.  I used a piece of white cotton interlock to bind the neckline on the reverse side.
My dress was ready for my weekend camping trip to Devauchelles two weeks after our return from the Gold Coast.  The weather at the time was typically fickle as can happen in spring so not really conducive to photos in spring dresses!



This dress has become a firm favourite in the short space of time between now and then.  It makes a great weekend dress worn as above or dressed up for work.


While we were taking these photos, my husband and I were focused on where the sun and clouds were and this happened....oops!  I had to take my sneakers off and wade!  I found out the hard way that the water is freezing in October!



Comments

  1. McCalls 6886 is a fantastic pattern. I whipped up two dresses using that pattern over the holiday break. I can't wait to get my hands on the perfect knit to make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely dress Andrea and the perfect pattern for these stripes. Lovely that you have fabric to remind you of your holiday to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often buy fabric on holiday but it is certainly a souvenir I will get a lot of use from.

      Delete
  3. Great dress Andrea! It can be worn so many ways too. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pattern is such a great basic and especially in a black and white stripe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts