Saving The Best For Last


This is my last version of McCall's 7284 for a while.  I will be retiring my pattern for a while now!  This time I have made view A but with the view B hem.  My fabric of choice is a lovely soft silk cotton from The Fabric Store that I picked up in their winter sale. Unusually for me, I bought this fabric specifically for this project.

Because I have made two of these tops already, this one was a quick and easy make.



As you can see it was a firm favourite on my recent Australian holiday.



 This brings to an end my series of pre Australian holiday makes.  I am really happy with all of the items that I made for my trip.  They all got worn regularly and were the perfect transitional garments.  This is true after returning home as well.  Before blogging I usually keep my projects in my sewing room until they have been uploaded.  All of these items have been taken from that pile regularly and worn during this time both for work and weekend wear which was my intention with most of these items.    I have in the past been guilty of being drawn in by new patterns and lovely fabrics and making items that tend to gather dust in my wardrobe.  Now I am working longer hours, I want to make clothing that works for me, that is multi purpose and can be dressed up for work or down for the weekend and clothing that I would class as slow fashion.  This top ticks all of those boxes.  Long may it continue!

Comments

  1. This is lovely. Well done you for making clothes you love and wear a lot. I've been making a lot of party clothes recently and I really need to get back to things I can wear everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pretty top. The fabric is gorgeous. It's great that all your recent makes have worked so well in your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really pretty and very versatile in that print!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts