Burdastyle 113 05/2019

 


Sometimes a Burdastyle pattern makes my sewing queue.  More often than not, though these patterns are just filed under I would like to make that someday.  113 05/2019 actually made it into my queue and after a year of owning the magazine actually got made up.

This is one of those stash busting projects that used not only a pattern I had bought and hadn't made but also fabric that had been in my stash for some time.  The fabric was originally from The Fabric Store and acquired from their remnant bin.  For a while there I was quite powerless to walk past linen remnants that was until I ran out of ideas for making them up.

This top didn't take long to make up once I had finally traced out the pattern.  I did have to to run it in quite a bit once I had completed it because it is quite oversized.  I should have known this from the photograph on the pattern and sized down in the first place.  No matter, running it in was quite a simple procedure.

The top turned out really nicely but I do have two issues with it.  The first is, how to style it.  Now I see these photographs, I really don't like it styled with this skirt.  It would probably be better with pants.  Since I am now not working, this would fit better with my current lifestyle as well.  The second issue is that linen is perhaps not the best fabric for this style as it wrinkles badly and doesn't drape well.  It appears in these photographs that the blouse is quite fitted at the waist which it isn't.  These are just wrinkles from a day at the office.



Would I make this pattern up again?  Probably not.  It is okay but will certainly never be a favourite.  At least it is in a neutral colour.


Comments

  1. Ah, too bad about the fabric because it is a really cute fit!

    I sewed the somewhat similar style from 5/2020 twice and really love it. This one has a few more details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wins some you lose some I guess. It is a shame I didn't try it in a fabric I didn't care about.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts