True Bias Lander Shorts

 


True Bias Land Pants have become a tnt pattern for me but for some reason, I have never made the shorts for myself until now.



I seem to have quite the pile of shorts sized remnants in my stash and am always complaining of a lack of shorts so I thought I would give this pattern a go in a piece of light weight black stretch denim that was very little use for anything else.

I have previously changed this pattern to include jean front pockets and a stomach stay as well as a zip fly.  I also like a curved waist band so have traced off the waistband from my Ginger pattern.  This pattern  now requires very little modification when I make it up except for the usual fitting required for different weights and stretch of fabric.

I opted to leave off the back pockets on this pair because I just don't use them.  The front pockets are deep enough for my phone.  For the front pockets, I used another of my husbands old dress shorts, this time in a plain black.


These shorts weren't entirely without their issues.  I discovered after I had completed them and topstitched them beautifully that the waist band did not sit flat against my back.  After much debate, I decided I just couldn't live with having to constantly wear a belt, so I cut into the waistband at the back and took a wedge out of it and the centre back seam.  At the time, I was not convinced I was doing the right thing because, anything altered never quite looks the same but with time in the magic wardrobe I have come to realise that it really was the best decision.  I now have a pair of well fitting shorts that I actually like wearing so I would call that a win.



Comments

Popular Posts