Linen Stylearc Lola Pants

 



I managed to pick up a piece of bottom weight linen in the remnant bin of The Fabric Store during summer and while pale blue wouldn't normally be my preferred choice for pants, the weight and drape was perfect for Stylearc Lola.  I really wanted a pair of casual linen pants for weekend wear and knew this fabric would make up beautifully in this style.


The pattern I have for Stylearc Lola is a size 10 and usually I am a 12 in a pant so for this pair of pants, I graded up one size.  I needn't have bothered because they came up too big and I actually ended up taking in what I had added on.  Because I didn't plan on adding zips, I made the side waist panel and the pocket one piece by simply pinning the pieces together and cutting as one piece.  This did cause me to scratch my head a little when I came to constructing the pants but was completely workable and something I would do again fabric permitting.






For this pair I was going to leave out the elastic at the ankle and make these more of a trouser than track pant, but actually I like the look of the elastic back more so I ended up making the ankles as drafted.  I did however add a little to the front waist panel because I felt as drafted the front flat panel was a little skimpy.  This did mean that that there is more fabric gathered into the elastic but only slightly.



I have to say, I love these pants and they are perfect for those slightly cooler summer days.    Best of all because they naturally fall into soft creases, they require very little ironing so these really are my kind of pant!


Not content with just one pair of linen trousers though, I rifled through my stash and came up with a piece of slightly heavier stretch linen that had been in my stash for eight years.  It was left over from a pair of cigarette pants I made early on in my blog that weren't overly successful because they grew during the day and had very little recovery.  I figured though that with elastic looser pants, this would be less of an issue.  Time will tell on that one.



For this pair, I only just had enough fabric and certainly not enough for pockets or linings.  I couldn't leave pockets off pants though, so I had just enough lighter weight linen in my scrap bin to make the pockets and poclet lining.  The colour is slightly different but the pockets don't show so it won't be noticeable.


2020 and 2021 appear to be the year of comfort.  I know that is the case for me.  If you are looking for a Zoom ready pair of comfy work pants then I thoroughly recommend Stylearc Lola.  They are a great dress up/dress down pair of pants for those of us that spend a lot of time at home.

After three pairs of pants made with this pattern, I think I may retire it for a while but it will be kept as a tnt.  I can't believe this pattern has sat in my stash for years and I have only just found out what a gem it is!

Comments

Popular Posts