In April 2020 while the world was in lockdown, I decided to begin what was probably going to be my only knitting project for the year. I had just finished my previous one which took every bit of a year so was under no illusions that this jumper was going to be completed any quicker.
Dragonflies by Joji Locatelli had been in my knitting queue for a few years and the wool I chose was from a impluse buy at Lincraft at one of their end of season half price sales. It is one of their inhouse brands and comes in 100gram balls. It is 100% wool and from experience is very hard wearing but also not particularly soft. I am hoping that washing it with wool wash will improve this but in the mean time I will just need to wear a long sleeve tee underneath.
Despite appearing as quite an intricate pattern, it didn't take me too long to knit the body of this pullover. The sleeves although plain were a different story. In fact I had one half completed when I decided they were just too loose for my liking so I ripped the entire sleeve back to the armhole and started again. This was a little sole destroying for a slow knitter but I tend not to put things away if I can help it. Uncompleted garments are not my thing! I reduced the rows between decreases and kept going until I finished it. I think I may have gone from one extreme to the other with the sleeve width now because actually they are a little snug, but aren't annoying enough to do anything about.
I finished knitting this in early October, proving that I can finish a thing relatively quickly if I put my mind to it and although it didn't get worn until today, it was nice to think that I had this lovely warm knit to look forward to wearing when the weather cooled down.