As soon as I laid eyes on this piece of chambray at the op shop, I knew it was destined to become a shirt dress. I had plans to make it printed side out but after cutting it out, I put it to my Instagram followers and the overwhelming vote was to accent it only in the print, so who am I to argue!
The pattern I used was Sewaholic Granville, which I lengthened and cut the hem to match Grainline Alder. Instead of cutting the back in panels I cut it in one piece and added fish eye darts.
The buttons came out of my stash and were originally rescued from my husbands work shirt.
I think this dress is now my favourite shirt dress. To everyone that helped me out with my fabric decisions, thank you! Although I made it for use in spring, I can see it working very well with tights and boots for Autumn and Winter as well, that is if I haven't worn it to death by then!