I started by redrafting the entire Belcarra pattern. In the past I have found the neckline extremely large and lazy me has just eyeballed the neckline changes each time I have cut it out. This time, I got out my pen and paper and did it properly. Yay me! I then added a yoke to my new pattern as per the Courtney pattern, but at the back only. Next, I added an inverted pleat to the back of the top to the same dimensions as my Courtney pattern. Just for a little more interest I created a small high low hem with side vents.
I made the entire top up in some lovely rayon that I scored at the op shop. I have made a lot of op shop fabric items up lately but I have had some seriously good luck on the shopping front there recently and haven't bought much fabric at all at the fabric shop.
I finished the neckline with self made bias tape in matching rayon. I am really happy with both the finish of the top and the way it hangs. I really like rayon for it's wearability, durability and it is lovely and cool to wear in the summer.
Will I make another Belcarra/Courtney top? Definitely! I could have some fun combining remnants to come up with different fabric combinations. I just have to work out how to squeeze more hours into my day!
These photographs were taken last weekend on our camping trip to Lake Benmore. Lake Benmore is a man made lake that was created for the purpose of generating electricity. There are a series of hydro stations on the canals leading to Lake Benmore. This particular station is Ohau C. It may well be a man made creation but it is a beautiful part of the world nonetheless.
I assure you, the road in the photo at the top was not a busy one. That is what my husband was telling me anyway. Either that or he was hoping for a little insurance money coming his way!