Sewaholic Granville Version One

This is my first version of Sewaholic Granville and I have since gone on to make another.  This one is made using a piece of linen in lavender and mint with a tiny check pattern, which was picked up at the op shop a couple of years ago.  It had been sitting in my stash and narrowly missed out on eviction before I stumbled across this pattern and decided to make up a trial version and donate it to Courteney.

I was fortunate enough to find the perfect shade of mint green buttons in my stash to finish the shirt so all in all this shirt was a bargain to produce.

I am so pleased I took a chance on this fabric because it made up into this style beautifully and I love the finished shirt, so much so, I could have gladly kept it for myself.  The sleeves are a little long and the fabric puddles across my back because it wasn't made to fit me. I haven't been able to corner the owner of the shirt long enough in the last few months since it has been completed to get a proper photo.  Sometimes if you want something done it is just as easy to do it yourself!


Courteney certainly wasn't complaining about being donated another item of clothing to add to her winter wardrobe.  Now if I could only find another piece of similar fabric, I will make one up for myself!


  1. How lovely to be able to wear the same size as your daughter. This shirt looks great and matches beautifully with your wisteria. The mint green buttons are a nice detail too.

    1. Thank you! It wasn't until I looked at the photo after taking it that I made the same connection. I wish I could say it was planned!


Post a Comment

Popular Posts