I made a skirt......
I had just the piece of linen in mind, bought with this fabric haul. Unfortunately once I had washed and ironed it, the fabric appeared to have some permanent fold marks that seemed to have the dye stripped out of it. This meant I needed to cut the pieces around the damaged fabric. I used New Look 6918 and cut it to a size 10 in the waist and size 12 in the hips. I was a little concerned this style with it's tummy pleats would be unflattering and didn't want it to drag across the tummy and but area hence the extra room. I also shaved off 1cm on the side seams tapering up from the hem to give more of a pencil illusion. This proved to be a perfect solution and resulted in the perfectly fitted skirt. I like the way the waist band is curved and sits just below the waist.
To finish my skirt off I lined it and very carefully hand stitched it in at the waist, around the zip and the back pleat. I don't usually wear lined skirts in the summer but this skirt with it's taffeta lining is really lovely and luxurious to wear....and did I mention comfortable! I am wearing it here with the blouse I made and wrote about here. The blue is a perfect match for the tiny blue flowers in this blouse.
By the way...if anyone can tell me why my photo is uploading sideways, I would be most grateful.