I have been coveting the lovely lace items that have been appearing in the shops this spring. So, when I found this piece of candy floss reminiscent stretch lace in Lincraft, I whipped it up to the counter and bought the very last piece. I was a little loathe to cut into it fearing that the outcome would not match my hopes for the fabric and also because I was a little unsure exactly what style I wanted. Eventually I settled on a loose fitting tee with hem detail. Since I had so many successes with the Sewaholic Renfrew pattern, this became my starting point.
I cut the top to size 6 but added 2cm at the side seam grading up to the original seam line at the armpit. I added the width of the band to the bottom of the tee at the back and then used my multi purpose drafting shaper to gently curve the hem upwards at the front.
The sleeves I cut exactly to the pattern but omitted the sleeve bands.
I finished both the sleeves and hem with a twin needle stitch and also used the twin needle to top stitch the neckband down.
The end result is everything I wanted it to be. The bonus is, I have almost a metre left so now need to decide how best to use it.