Lycra And Lace



I really didn't expect to like this style of top as much as I do.  After last years disappointing summer, I also didn't expect to really need too many sleeveless tops but so far this summer, the weather is not disappointing. 
I had some cotton lycra left over from this top and also quite a big piece of lace from Courteney's dress that I made last week.  I was initially going to use the lycra to make a tee to wear with my Megan Nielsen skirt but at the last minute decided to use it for this top instead.
 
 
 
Once again I used McCall's 6359.  I cut it to size 10 and shortened it by 12cms.  I hemmed it using my twin needle because I didn't have enough thread in the correct colour to enable me to use my cover stitch machine. 
 
 
 Once again I cut my own binding using some coordinating fabric from my scraps box.
 
I am really pleased with the contrast of the lycra with the lace and am pleased to report that the lace is actually nice and soft to wear and not at all itchy against the skin.  I must remember to be careful when I wear this in the sun though, I could end up with some very interesting tan lines!
 
 
 

Comments

  1. This is going to be a great little top for summer - 34 here today so I wish I had one. Might be popping this pattern onto my list...quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup 28 here today and much the same tomorrow....I just may need another one!

      Delete
  2. Cute top! I like the fabric combinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have seen a lot of these combinations in rtw lately.

      Delete
  3. Terrific use of leftovers ! You can certainly get creative with that pattern. I can`t believe you are getting hotter weather than us - we are having one really hot day then the next day it is cold -today only a max of 21 and I wore a jumper and long pants all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This weather is pretty typical at this time of year. It is supposed to rain later in the week....probably in time for the school holidays.

      Delete
  4. You are getting very good use out of this pattern! I love lace for summer... and for winter too come to think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving lace as well at the moment but am finding nice lace hard to come by.

      Delete
  5. Hope you get have many fair weather opportunities to wear this top - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The weather is promising great things for a truly summer wardrobe at the moment with 31deg c on Monday, 28 deg c today and 30 deg c tomorrow....maybe I need more tops!

      Delete
  6. I really like the lace on this top, so pretty and current. I also like the grey version you made. This looks like a fab pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can see this pattern becoming a firm favourite.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts