I bought some beautiful Japanese linen from a clothing manufacturer when they cleared their fabric stock at the end of last summer and I knew straight away what I was going to make from the fabric. It had to be a dress and when the Cambie was released it really was a no brainer. I haven't yet found a Sewaholic pattern I don't like or doesn't work for me with very little alteration. The full skirted version was not really my style but the A line version was perfect. I only had 2 metres of fabric so I hoped I had enough. It turns out, that with a little pattern manipulation, I did have enough fabric, just.
I lined the dress with some lovely silky shirt fabric that I found on the $3 table at Fabric Vision in the perfect shade of green and luckily found the perfect green invisible zipper in Lincraft. Once I finished the dress, I found that the A line cut was a little more pronounced than I would like so I lay my favourite Vogue A line skirt on the dress and recut it to the same dimensions. It now fits me beautifully, not so much the mannequin. I have lost a little weight and have been too
busy lazy to alter the mannequin. Okay, if the truth be known I quite like being reminded of the fact and besides, by the time Christmas is done, the mannequin will probably be a better representation of my true size anyway.