The Presents Are Wrapped....


As in most households, today was a huge day.  It started with the baking of two pavlovas, a Kiwi Christmas icon, 1 dozen Christmas mince pies, 1 dozen meringues, followed up by a batch of crostini.  There was just enough time left in the day for a spot of housework, some well timed last shopping and a Christmas drink with friends we won't be seeing tomorrow.



Tomorrow we will be having lunch for twelve at my sisters house, followed by the evening meal for fifteen at my mother and father in laws house.  I am pretty well prepared.  Tomorrow I have to make a salad, cream the pavlovas, pick some fresh berries and cut some ham.  It is time now to go to bed so Santa can come. I think I may well beat my very hyped 9 year old to sleep.


Pavlova

4 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
1t vanilla essence
1t vinegar
2t cornflour

Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius.  Mark a 20cm circle on baking paper, place on an oven tray.

Beat egg whites until the peaks just fold over when the beater is removed.  Beat in sugar 1-2 T at a time;  beat until mixture is very stiff and the peaks stand up.  Beat in vanilla essence, vinegar and cornflour.  Shape mixture on the baking paper.

Bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until the surface is crisp and lightly coloured.  Cool on a rack; when cold, finish with whipped cream and fruit of your choice.


 

Comments

  1. Have a wonderful day - and sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those pavlovas looks amazing and I'm glad you included the recipe because I'll be trying that. I am jealous that you can go and pick your berries. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great recipe. I must admit I never get tired of the berries. Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts