Happy New Year!



Because New Zealand is the very first country in the world to see in the New Year, I thought I would show you what the very first sunrise looked like in my little part of New Zealand this morning.   I wasn't quite up at dawn.  A couple of glasses of bubbly and a 1am bedtime dashed any chance of seeing the sun actually rise this morning but my footprints were the first on the beach this morning and that I am proud of!



And just to prove I was actually there and not just showing someone elses beautiful photograph, here I am at the crack of 8am in my camping uniform of shorts and a tee.  The shorts are my recently completed, lovely embroidered cotton Thurlow version that I wrote about here.

 

Now, while I can lay claim to having the first footprints on the beach this morning, I certainly can't lay claim to being the first person on the beach this morning.  That right goes to these 3 people, who you can see packing up their sleeping bags after a night under the stars.  One of them must have had one too many, because you can just see him asleep on the beach still in his sleeping bag.


 Anyho, it was shaping up to be another beautiful day in paradise, so after a breakfast on the barbeque of hash browns, bacon and eggs on toast (I know life for me is tough),
I talked my kids into a little after breakfast surfing action.  This was my 9 year olds first ever surf, and he did pretty well and came out of the water with a smile from ear to ear.  Master 13 is still learning after getting his board for Christmas.


Internet access is shocking at my camping spot so after several attempts at blog posting using mobile internet, I gave up hence the last couple of prepared earlier posts that I did before leaving home.  I have however completed some projects which now will have to be included in my January total.

Now for a little housekeeping.  A whole year has gone by since I decided to participate in a little book keeping exercise with Carolyn.  This post concludes my little monthly exercise.  Tomorrow I will post my conclusions from my year of adding up the cost of my little craft obsession.  I wonder if there will be any surprises!









End of December Wrap Up

Paua Maxi Dress
Pattern $6.00
Fabric $6.00
Total $12.00


Bling Top
Pattern $6.00
Fabric $10.00
Total $16.00

Courteney's Dress
Pattern Used Before $0.00
Fabric and Lining $13.35
Zip $4.19
Thread $1.95
Total $19.49

Lycra and Lace Top
Pattern Used Before $0.00
Fabric Left Over $0.00
Total $0.00

Japanese Linen Cambie
Pattern $0.00
Fabric $10.00
Zip $4.19
Lining $3.00
Total $17.19

Star Pyjamas
Pattern Used Before $0.00
Fabric Left Over $0.00
Elastic From Stash $0.00
Total $0.00

Unloved to Loved Top
Pattern Used Before $0.00
Fabric Left Over $0.00
Total $0.00

December Total $64.68

 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 



 
 
 

 
 
 



 

Comments

  1. Happy holidays - I am impressed - standing up on a surf board - I have only tried once - absolutely hopeless . It will be interesting to see your years tally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one up on me. The kids haven't as yet convinced me to try.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sunrise photos. Happy New Year...a few days late :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts