One Thing Leads To Another
After making my floral Thurlow shorts, I suddenly had a brain wave! I had the perfect unbrushed cotton to make a matching Jalie hoody to go with my new shorts. I needed a new hoody anyway for the impending camping trip and, I reasoned, a few days before Christmas was certainly not too late to embark on just one more projects was it? Turns out, actually yes, it was a little too late. There is nothing like adding a bit of extra stress to ones Christmas when, really, it isn't in the slightest bit necessary.
This particular fabric was part of this op shop fabric haul. The only problem was, I didn't have a zip in this unusual shade of pink. After pondering the problem for a few minutes, I delved into my large reclaimed zip collection and resurfaced with a black open ended zip the perfect length but in black. I knew that somewhere, I had some black and white striped lycra that just might be large enough to line the hood.
I changed absolutely nothing about this pattern except to line the hood and shorten the sleeves. One thing I do have to be careful of however, when making this style of hoody is that my overlocker does not like the layers and Courteney has managed to break my underlooper twice while making this top in the past so less speed and more care is very much a necessity.
I had just completed this project, and was admiring the results when Courteney announced that yes, she had to have a new hoody as well to take on our camping trip. After delving into my fabric stash and reclaimed zip collection, this is what she made......
Hmmmm, I think I may have a need for one in this colourway myself!
For the record, these two jackets mark no.8 and no.9 made from this pattern. I think that may be a new record.