Burdastyle 04/2016 107

 


This top was made before Christmas but after forgetting about it for a few months, I have begun to wear it again as the weather cools down.

Burdastyle 04/2016 has quite a few lovely patterns in it that I am keen to try but view 107 really jumped out at me first up.


The fabric is a lovely rayon from Lincraft of all places, which I picked up on one of my many notion shopping trips.  The             co-ordinating trim is a piece of Liberty Tana Lawn from my stash.
As is normal for me with Burdastyle, I did have to alter the pattern slightly.  I had to alter the armhole because the shoulders were slightly wide and run in the sides.  I did also find the finished top a bit boxy so added a little waist definition when I ran it in.  I also raised the neck opening slightly and chose to just hem the sleeves.


I really like this top and it is a really useful addition to both my work and weekend wardrobe.

Comments

  1. Lovely top and I can see this will get a lot of wear. Love the print too. Love the new look of your blog. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After 6 years it is time for a freshen up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts