Simplicity 1366 Cami




I should be using my Sunday afternoon to do a bit of sewing but it is hard to get motivated to finish my winter shirt when it is nearly 30 degrees Celsius outside.  Instead I whipped outside in my new camisole made using Simplicity 1366 and  finally got photographs. Please excuse the pool hair!



You would not believe how happy this camisole makes me.  I bought this pattern originally to make the dropped shoulder top that has been so popular in blog land but the finished product left me cold.  There are things I like about it but not enough to fix the problems and revisit the pattern.  I had briefly considered buying a pattern but really wanted to give this pattern a go before I bought yet another pattern.

The fabric I chose is a lovely drapey remnant of rayon that was on the remnant table for $3.00 at Fabric Vision.  It was only a small piece so perfect for this pattern.  Even so, it was pattern tetras a bit to get the top out.  I had to put seams in my facings to get it to work.




I wasn't too sure about the fit in this pattern despite it being cut on the bias so I cut it 1cm wider in the side seams than required.  I am pleased I did because although I could have run it in, I really like the more relaxed fit the extra width gives.











I wore my new top for Callum's 18th birthday barbeque last Saturday because like today it was a lovely hot summers day.  Yes, I know technically it is now autumn but it is nice that summer is hanging around for a while longer.

If this style is still popular I wouldn't mind making this one up again because it is lovely to wear.  It will look good for the early autumn with a cardigan as well.

Comments

  1. I can see why you're happy with this. I've had a lot of mileage from this pattern, but never the cami. Your garden is lovely BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camisole is worth making. I am not such a fan of the top though. It is a great time of the year for the garden.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty cami. I don't think they would go out of fashion. We are having perfect summer weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pwrfect top for your extended summer temperatures. Very pretty fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you blogged this. I have been wanting to make a camisole top and looking at different patterns. However, I have this pattern. Funny thing is, every time I have looked at the pattern, I only see the skirts. So glad I saw this post because now I know what pattern to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't see me making that skirt at all but the camisole is certainly a good pattern.

      Delete
  5. This looks like a great cami pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts