Stylearc Adeline

When Stylearc Adeline was released, it became very popular, very quickly  to the point that my blog roll became quite clogged with them for a while there. 
Even though, the style falls outside my normal comfort zone, I was immediately drawn to it because of the high low hem and the design of the bodice.  I had just the fabric in my stash as well.  The fabric is linen that I bought from Fabric Vision off their sale table last summer.  It is just a little heavier than shirting weight so options for dress styles were quite limited.  I was a little concerned though, that I could end up with a very red, boring sack.  It was Lara's version though that convinced me of what I needed to do.  I must admit, I have completely copied Lara here and topstitched my neck facing and hem facing in contrasting blue thread using the triple stitch on my sewing machine.  I also used the selvedge detail on my pockets.  I chose royal blue because of the fine royal blue thread that ran down the selvedge. 



I think the pocket detail and topstitching are my favourite things about this dress.  I wish I could have been a bit more original.  If you are reading this Lara, I hope you don't mind!


My new dress is a great addition to my early autumn wardrobe.  I just hope it gets a few more outings before the weather cools down much more.


 


Comments

  1. As you probably know, the Adeline is a favourite pattern of mine, having made it three times. I love your version. The red is such a vibrant colour and the blue contrasting top stitching is a nice detail. You look fabulous in your Adeline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you've sold me! I had this pattern and fab for my first Spring dress, then I decided, no better not-way out of my comfort zone!...But after seeing yours and Lara's....I'm all in! Yes plan to use contrasting thread as well...and the selvage.....Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks stunning on you! I love the red on you. I have this pattern too, still haven't got round to it, hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think red is one of my favourite colours!

      Delete
  4. this does look like a style change for you, but I really like it on you! Love the red as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is quite different to my usual style but it is nice to mix things up occasionally.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous version of the Adeline, love the way you've used the selvedge on the pockets and that colour is stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of this dress. The line drawing isn't something I would be drawn to either but sewn up it does look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you shares this article. I found this article more information of fabric. Thanks for sharing. Fabric

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your all pics is very good . Your blog is very useful for all .And your blogging style and your sewing style is good .Keep sharing and posting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts