Burdastyle Peasant Blouse in Burnout Velour




This top was a long time in the making.  I knew as soon as I bought this fabric what it was destined to become.  The fabric is a lovely burnout velour from Cotura Fabrics end of season sale that I bought at the end of winter last year.  The pattern that I chose is Burdastyle 01/2016 114A.   This lovely drapey fabric was always going to work with this pattern and it certainly helps that Burdastyle had used a similar fabric on one of their versions.




I drew my pattern up using a sharpie and plastic which  is my usual option with Burdastyle patterns.  I made it to a size 38 grading to a 40 at the hips.





The only change I made to this top was to make shoulder ties instead of cording like the pattern instructions.


This pattern has very interesting sleeve openings and I was a little concerned that they would be quite annoying to wear but actually they are anything but.  I am quite a fan of this style of peasant blouse and this top is no exception.  I have found that Burdastyle patterns can be a little hit and miss but this one is definitely a keeper.  


Comments

  1. Great top. Coincidentally I had this pattern out recently but didn't trace it because I couldn't convince myself that the sleeves wouldn't be too crazy. Thanks for addressing that for me. I think I'll pull the magazine out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No they are not crazy but interesting.

      Delete
  2. Lovely everything about this. The fabric, the colours and the pattern. You have done a great job of the little cuffs and ties - I don't think they would have been easy to make with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sleeves were not too hard in this fabric.

      Delete
  3. This is so lovely. I've used this pattern too and was surprised how everyday friendly the sleeves were

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post about this pattern. I am now quite keen to try the tie necked version.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts