Rigel Bomber in Quilted Knit
This pattern is a super easy make, even in a rather thick quilted knit like this one. In fact the most difficult part was finding just the right length zip! The cotton ribbing was from my stash, sourced probably in one of my op shop hauls.
The jacket has facings for both the back neck and the fronts. Because I was working with a knit, I opted to make the jacket up as per the pattern but if I was to use a woven, I would probably adapt the pattern to include a lining.
I was really happy with the results but I felt it needed something more. A quick search of Aliexpress and I found a couple of floral appliques to brighten it up a bit. While Aliexpress is a budget way of buying sewing notions, it does require a bit of patience. In this case, about 3 weeks of patience. An evening in front of the tv hand sewing and my patience was rewarded with a bomber that I am extremely pleased with.
These photos were taken last Sunday. Courteney and I took advantage of a lovely spring day to ride into the central city on our bikes for coffee and cake and to see what buildings (shops) had popped up since our last visit.