Harrogate in European Wool


 When I go on holiday, I like to take a knitting project with me.  Our recent trip to Queenstown and the snowy days and evenings spent in front of the fire presented the perfect opportunity for a little knitting.  Snow, nibbles, wine, beautiful mountain views and a roaring log fire are quintessential elements of a winter holiday and what better way to unwind after a day on the slopes than wine and knitting!


The project I chose to take with my was a pullover for Courteney.  This one she didn't ask for but one I offered.  I happened upon a wool sale in my lunch break one day and because my own wool stash was quite well stocked, I offered to make something for Courteney.  The wool is Italian in origin (yes I know, not Kiwi) and is 70% acrylic 30% wool so lovely and soft against the skin but I do worry that the acrylic content may make it slightly less durable.


The pattern Courteney chose is Harrogate by Amy Herzog.  I did use a little poetic licence with the pattern so the cables are not quite as designed.    The cables run up the front only because of the waist shaping at the back, a necessity when you have a sway back.  I really love how the cables turned out and may use these again in the future for a pullover for me.

Comments

Popular Posts