Burdastyle 06/2017 116
I am not usually one to make New Years resolutions but this year I have resolved to actually make Burdastyle patterns instead of buying the magazines and just reading them. There are always patterns that I tag as projects but somehow they just never get made. We are nearly two months into 2018 and so far this is my second project so I am doing quite well I feel. I hope it continues.
Let me say before I go any further that I am still on the fence over this ongoing cold shoulder trend but I was still drawn to 06/2017 116 anyway. I reasoned that it would come in useful on my annual beach holiday where my style seems to be much more relaxed.
I traced the pattern up to my usual Burdastyle 38, grading out to size 40 at the hips and found a remnant of rayon knit in my stash to make it in.
This was for the most part really quick to make up but it does run large! When I tried it on I quickly realised that some drastic alterations were needed starting with raising the armholes. Fortunately this was quite a simple fix and involved running the entire top in by a couple of centimetres which also helped with the armhole depth. I then stitched the sleeves back in and finished the top.
I actually quite like the top as a beach top but my general feelings towards cold shoulder tops remain. This one will probably be packed away until my next beach holiday.