A Mini Dress/Me Made May Days 4 and 5



No, I didn't make an extremely short dress for myself but a dress for a tiny little person.  The intended recipient of this new dress is my niece who will turn two years old tomorrow. The fabric I chose is a lovely soft cotton stretch velvet.  Because I have used the pattern before with great results, the pattern I used was Burda 3179.  The last time I used the pattern was for this dress.......




Yes, this is Courteney, aged about 4 years old wearing a Pumpkin Patch knock off, complete with matching headband.  Father Christmas in the photo was actually her grandfather, who moonlighted at the local mall, a fact she was unaware of at the time.

I made a size 18mths for my neice.  It is a lovely roomy dress, perfect for an active toddler and because it is nearly winter also perfect for accomodating extra layers of clothing.


For mini dress making on Saturday, I wore, Maria Denmark tee, and Sewaholic Thurlow capris



Today, I cheated a little by wearing rtw black jeans and another Sewaholic item,  this time a Sewaholic Renfrew for an uninspiring but satisfying day of housework and a trip to Bunnings.

Comments

  1. What a cute little dress for your niece. The sunny colors will surely brighten up the cool days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, making this made me realise how much I missed making bright little people clothing.

      Delete
  2. thats so awesome you make clothes! i love to sew and have wanted to start making clothes again! its so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It also means that you can have a custom fit and clothes that are not like anyone elses.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts