Snake Print Modified Grainline Archer



 My latest project is actually a result of a failed project.  Let me explain; I was in Fabric Vision to buy something else, which is usually the case, and I naturally gravitated to the sales table.  On the $3 table was this lovely rayon in a snake print.   I hadn't been living under a rock myself recently, so I immediately knew I had stumbled upon a gem.  Animal prints including snake prints are super hot right now.  I snapped up a few metres and couldn't get myself home fast enough to get it washed up and made up.


I chose a Burdastyle dress and whipped it up but sadly the dress was way too big and didn't even make it to the blog.  It has since been put in the bag of clothing to be upcycled.  With what was left, there was just enough to eek out a blouse with a bit of careful cutting.



I chose Grainline Archer as my pattern of choice because I had seen a top I really liked in Witchery and this pattern was the closest I had.  I didn't have enough fabric for a collar, a neckband or even a button placket.  I managed to eek out a piece of bias by putting in a carefully placed seam and I used this for the neckband.  I love these sort of projects that force me to think outside the square.  There is something really satisfying about making something out of nothing and  finishing with minimal scraps.


Because I have made quite a few Archers previously, this top was really quick to whip up.  Despite being a relatively busy print, it is a neutral and blends in nicely with so many things in my wardrobe.  I love the fabric and it is a shame the dress didn't work out but I consider this top to be the silver lining.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts