Stash Busting




 I have been stashing this lovely piece of striped ponte for a few years now for no other reason than it was good fabric.  For some reason I struggle to cut into my treasured fabrics.  There were a multitude of possible projects that this piece of fabric could have been made into and I came up with a different project idea regularly.  Rather than hold onto it any longer I decided to make it into a pair of Papercut Anima Pants because these pants are work horses over the cooler months.  I had also been admiring all of the rtw pants in this style and must by now have been the only woman over 30 in this country that didn't own a pair.  Not any more!



Because I have made so many pairs of these pants now, there really isn't anything more to say except I love my new pants and yay, another long time stash resident is now gone!






To wear with my latest pants, I made a merino tee out of the most lovely soft piece of fabric from The Fabric Store and picked up from their remnant bin.  I love their remnant bin and never leave the store without actually having a dig through.  I have picked up some real gems in there and this merino is one of them.  

Unfortunately there wasn't quite enough to make a Tessuti Alexa because this would have been my preference for this piece of fabric but not to worry, there was plenty to make my second favourite pattern, Jalie 3352.



There really is no more to say about either the pants or the tee, except these will both get worn to death and although they aren't the most exciting of projects, they are perhaps the most sustainable and that is exactly what I want most from my wardrobe.





Comments

Popular Posts