I have picked some goodies this year......



I tend to buy patterns online because I can generally get them for around half the cost of retail.  Usually when I am picking a pattern I lurk around blogs and Pattern Review before making my selections.  This dress is no exception.  It has been extremely popular and I can definitely see why.  I bought both the pattern, New Look 6557, and the fabric very early on in the season with the intention of making this dress.  Because the weather has not played the game up until recently, the project was put on the back burner.  This dress was super easy.  I cut it out and completed it the same day.  Fortunately, it fit like a glove so no alterations needed.  The fabric is an embroidered cotton.  It looks like linen in the photo but in reality is more like a heavy weight mens shirt cotton, but obviously isn't given the feminine floral embroidery.  It has a fine white stripe to the fabric.  It probably is a little heavy for this style of dress but I like the way it hangs because it has enough weight not to fly away in the wind.  My dress had its inaugural wearing at the parade for the fellow in the big red suit on Sunday.

Comments

  1. What a pretty dress. The fabric is lovely, understated but very feminine. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely fresh summer-y dress. That creamy embroidered fabric is absolutely dreamy...! that is my kind of fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dress! I have this pattern too, but haven't made it yet. I love your version.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts