VP Sewing

Years ago when we first renovated our first home with my fathers help, he would refer to VP days.  At first this confused me, but I quickly realised that he meant visual progress days.  With renovating these can often be few and far between and sewing is  no different.   My coat had very few visual progress days until it's final reveal but my latest project was a little different and came together with very little fitting and lots of visual progress.



I originally became aware of the popularity of this pattern during the "One Week One Pattern" challenge and have coveted it ever since.  Even though this pattern was really basic, and I could probably have adequately drafted my own, I relented and ordered it.  Now the process of getting this in my hot little hand, was not without it's challenges but that is a story for another day, and thankfully with a lot of help from a very helpful supplier, I had my pattern, although not quite as expected, and proceeded in my attempt to draft up my size which happens to be a size 6.  I love that!  With normal commercial patterns I make a size 10, not so with the Sewaholic Renfrew.  Anyho, with a little poetic or drafting licence, I finally had my pattern.  I had found some lovely cotton Lycra on the remnant table at Fabric Vision, just a few days later I  found out about the fuchsia revolution silently happening on the net.  Apparently, KbencoBlooms Fabric Obsession, and I were on the same page colour wise.  Anyway, I dutifully washed and dried my lovely fuchsia fabric, which is not easy in the rain, and post haste had the whole top cut out. 


I have to say, despite it's simplicity or maybe because of it's simplicity, this pattern really does live up to the hype.  It is snug enough to be close fitting without being a reveal all type tee.  I would not normally put bands on a tee, but they really do ensure a snug fit where you need it  and the cowl neck sits beautifully.  Will I be making more....definitely, probably sooner rather than later!

Comments

  1. I've seen a few of these made up now and everybody seems to love the pattern. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this.
    Great job and gorgeous colour!
    Do you need as much yardage as the pattern says? I'm a size 0 in this and it seems like an ocean of fabric to make one top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Want to steal it! And you will discover yourself making more and more Renfrews, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this is a good one ! The bands and cowl make this a more special top than your usual Tee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cowl neck and perfect color. Fits you like a glove. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great fit and I love the colour. All the hype over this pattern has really tempted me to buy it but so far I've held out (for much the same reason as you), you may just tipped me over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great on you and of course, I love the colour!!! The fit is spot-on. I love the concept of VP progress days...I think the same could be applied to housework...so many jobs get done without anybody noticing and then the day you empty everything out of the fridge, it gets noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome colour on you, it looks like the perfect knit top.
    I like the concept of visual progress days too, I am making a formal gown at the moment and am up to about 13 hours already without anything exciting to show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I assume the formal gown is for a school formal? I have to make one of these next year (and the following) and I am excited and terrified at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts