Sunday, October 9, 2011

I have been a little quiet on the blogging front lately.  I have been busy however and when the weather realises that it is actually spring, I will have quite a few things to reveal. 

Remember the op shop fabric the other day? Well I made up a piece of it into a wearable muslin using New Look 6050.  The fabric is a brushed cotton and I only just had enough to complete the project.  I like the v neck in the design as well as the shaping at the back and the sleeve tabs which are soooo practical.  These little details and the colour, I feel, make the shirt look a little less masculine than the usual bog standard checked shirt.  I made the shirt slightly longer than shown on the pattern but that is the only alteration I made to the pattern.   I thought it would be interesting now to turn this pattern into a shirt dress.   I am wearing the shirt today with my Jalie Jeans blogged about here

1 comment:

  1. A lovely shirt, it looks very cosy and comfortable. The colour alone is so rich and warming; the fabric was a great find!

    ReplyDelete