I haven't been very productive on the sewing front this month, probably something to do with all of the preserving I have been doing. I thought I would just squeeze in one more project before months end.
One of the things very lacking in my autumn wardrobe is long sleeve tees. I really like these puffed sleeve versions and when I saw Butterick 5562 and this beautiful cotton Lycra fabric, I knew they were made to go together.
Before cutting out my top, I studied pattern review to see what the feedback was like on this pattern, and learnt that the sizing runs large. After checking the pattern against a rtw top that I like the fit of, I cut the tee out to a size extra small instead of my usual small. The first alteration I made was to cut out a neck band. The fold and top stitch method just doesn't do it for me and I really like the finish of a neck band. After cutting out the sleeves in view B, I decided I didn't really like the elasticated ruched hem, so re cut into a regular fit sleeve.
I used my cover stitch machine to hem the sleeves and the bottom of the tee. I really like this finish because the stitching does not seem to break like it does on my sewing machine, especially on Lycra.
Would I make this tee again.....yes, definitely. I am really liking the look of view C for my next version.