A New Skirt/MMM12 - Day Twenty Three


I made a new skirt.  I have seen a few casual knit skirts in blogesphere lately and knew I had to have one of my own.  I had a small amount of unbrushed merino Lycra in my stash left over from yoga pants that I made last winter and actually thought that I didn't have enough to make anything.  After pondering for a while, I realised that if I spliced the skirt I may just be able to fit the pieces in.




Because I really like the cut and fit of Vogue 1247, this became my starting point.  I added a little more width in the bottom of the skirt and of course, quite a bit of length, but because I removed the darts I had to run the side seams in.  The fabric was so stretchy there was also no need for a zip or elastic in the waistband.  I simply measured the correct size of my waist and this became the band.  I over locked the band on and top stitched it.  I am really thrilled with the results and feel this could become my new favourite skirt.   Today, I am also wearing a necklace and earrings made by my sister.

Comments

  1. Great skirt - looks like it will be a great addition to your winter wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts