MMM12 - Day 31/ New Cardigan


This cardigan/coat has been occupying my time lately.  With winter officially beginning tomorrow I was determined to get this project finished.  It has been a long process.  It was actually my camping project at Christmas but it was quite hard to get motivated for winter knitting over the warmer months so it has really been over autumn that this has been made.  The pattern was a Sabrina pattern from last winter.  It is knitted in double knit wool from Lincraft.  I have wanted one of these most versatile of garments for the last two winters and have seen some lovely examples of rtw cardigan coats on women in the streets but failed to find anything I liked in the shops.  This has been my real motivation for making this cardigan but to my surprise, I really enjoyed the process and had forgotten how relaxing knitting really is.  Before I had children, I seemed to always have something on the needles and could even be found knitting at work in my breaks.  The arrival of children meant I had less time for knitting and knitted garments seemed to fall out of favour in the fashion industry.  I have, however noticed, over the last couple of years, that knitted garments have become quite popular and all things retro including knitting have become fashionable again.



Today, I am wearing my new cardigan with a grey striped puffed sleeved tee made using Butterick 5562 that I wrote about here.  I am also wearing the Jalie red jeans that I wrote about here.  I initially thought these jeans were an absolute failure as they were extremely tight.  I removed the shaped high waistband and added the original Jalie waistband and now although more snug than I would like, they are definitely wearable, few!

Comments

  1. A stunning finish to Me Made May. Your cardigan coat looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts